THEME AND ENRICHMENT CRUISES 2014
Theme and enrichment cruises feature special lectures, gatherings, tours, clinics, demonstrations, instruction, and performances by top personalities and groups in their subject fields. Often attractions on land are part of the theme. Additional charges may be involved. Passenger participation and interaction is encouraged.
Below is the Web's most complete directory of theme cruises, listed by carrier. Not all ships of each cruise line offer each theme. Theme cruises vary by season, itinerary, ship, and other factors. Check with carrier for specific ships and dates. Among upcoming theme and enrichment cruises:
American Cruise Lines
- Lewis & Clark, Crabfest, Wine, Lobster, Jazz, Civil War, Mark Twain Tribute, Savories of the South
American Queen Steamboat Company
- 2014 theme cruises for American Queen include: Mardi Gras, Baseball Legends, Southern Culture, Gardens of the River, Fall Foliage, Old Fashioned Holidays, Music of the 1950s, Music of the 1960s, Manifest Destiny, Civil War, and Elvis tribute.
- "Top Chefs" cruise on a five-day Miami round trip aboard the Celebrity Constellation. Passengers will be able to participate in "Quickfire" cooking challenges, culinary demonstrations, and question-and-answer sessions.
- 25th Anniversary theme cruises led by chairman, president, and captain. • "Golf Around the World," three theme cruises in the Med, British Isles, and New England/Canada. • "Experiences of Discovery" will present theme cruises around the subjects of Big Band and Ballroom Dance, Emerging Artists, Esprit du Grand Prix, Film and Theater Festival, Gardens and Floral Design, Golf, Jazz, Mind-Body-and-Spirit, Ocean Views Photography, Wine and Food Festival. And an expert guest speaker series titled "Ocean Views."
- National Symphony Orchestra performances and lectures. • The Royal Astronomical Society star navigation, discussion groups, formal lectures. • British theater. • Polar exploration. • Maritime studies. • Aeronautics and space. • Art-architecture-music of the Near East. • Sports history. • Geology and geophysics. • Ecology. • Politics. • Medicine. • Crime. • Economics • Political and cultural ties between the US and UK. Features ambassadors, statesmen, politicians, journalists, academics, and broadcasters.
Holland America Line
- "Dancing with the Stars" theme cruises through 2014. Features dance lessons, discussions, and productions... Culinary cruises, featuring more than 70 guest chefs from all over the U. S. Presented in on-board Culinary Arts Centers.
- Birds of the Nordic Coast, with lectures and bird-watching opportunities. • Polar Explorers, with cultural lectures and optional excursions
- Four baseball-themed cruises from Fort Lauderdale. Current and former baseball legends will conduct clinics, autograph sessions, baseball trivia games, question-and-answer sessions, and more.
- Culinary cruises featuring famous chefs. • Computer software: iPod, Adobe Photoshop, Video editing.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- "Circles of Interest": Photography. • Film. • Yoga. • Music. • Art-design-museums. • Wellness. • Jazz. • Baltic culture. • Antiques. • Film. • PBS personalities. • Chocolate. • Food and wine. • Fashion. • Australian food and wine. • Literature-architecture. • Environment and Marine Life.
Seabourn Cruise Line
- Culinary. • Shopping.
Late News || Newest Brochures || Theme Cruises || Future Ship Log || Newest Ship Log || Ship Reviews || Contact
|Updates when news occurs||October-November-December 2014 issue||Entire new issue will be posted January 1, 2015|